Flashback: Trump’s Book Before 9/11 Warned Of Terrorist Attack That Would Make WTC Bombing ‘Look Like Kids Play’

In his book, The America We Deserve, published in January of 2000, Donald Trump warns just prior to 9/11 that America was in danger of experiencing a terrorist attack that would make the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 look like ‘kids play.’

“I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers,” he wrote.

The 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center killed six people and wounded more than 1,000 others, and the lead plotter of the attack later told the FBI he had hoped to topple one tower into the other, killing nearly 250,000 civilians.

The former President and real estate tycoon in his book notes that most “sensible” analysts agree with the notion that America was in danger and they “are not wondering if but when” the next major attack will occur.

Unfortunately, Trump was right.

RELATED: Trump Slams Removal Of Robert E. Lee Statue: ‘Our Culture Is Being Destroyed’

What Trump Said Before 9/11

Former President Donald Trump’s book also makes mention of Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks.

“One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin-Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan,” he wrote.

“He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

Fact-checking outlets are quick to note that bin Laden had been known to the world at the time and Trump’s comments didn’t serve as a prediction of things to come.

Trump’s statements mention an effort by President Bill Clinton to respond to bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998, something Clinton would later describe as an attempt to “disrupt bin Laden’s terrorist network.”

RELATED: Biden Gets Heckled By Protesters Upset Over His Afghanistan Debacle

Did Trump Help?

In an interview with a German news reporter, Trump spoke of sending workers down to the World Trade Center site in the hours after the 9/11 attack.

“We have a lot of men down here right now,” he said. “We have over 100, another 125 coming.”

Critics have been skeptical of his words, noting there is little concrete evidence that Trump had workers down at Ground Zero. They don’t offer evidence to the contrary either, however.

[embedded content]

In comments made on the anniversary of 9/11 in 2018, Trump mentioned the toll responding to the terrorist attacks had taken on our fighting men and women.

“Since September 11, nearly five-and-a-half million young Americans have enlisted in the United States armed forces,” Trump said to a mostly positive response at the time.

“Nearly 7,000 service members have died facing down the menace of radical Islamic terrorism.”

President Biden has been criticized for his troop withdrawal from Afghanistan which resulted in a terrorist attack that killed 13 service members, left hundreds of Americans behind, and resulted in a Taliban takeover of the country.

The 9/11 terror attacks were the worst ever perpetrated on American soil, killing nearly 3,000 people.

Nearly 20 years later, the remains of two more victims of the attack were just identified.

Now is the time to support and share the sources you trust.
The Political Insider ranks #15 on Feedspot’s “Top 70 Conservative Political Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2021.”

Leave a comment